Avery Ranch Studio
Music Together® Family Classes
Students ages 0-5 and their caregivers attend this 45 minute class together weekly. We also offer Musical Theater vocal classes for ages 6-15.
2017-2018 Class offerings:
Saturdays 9:30-10:15 & 10:30-11:15
10 Week Sessions:
Sept 7-Nov 11 Bongos – Tuition $230. Payment Option: due upon enrollment $110 (materials included); $60 9/25/17; $60 10/25/17
Nov 16-Feb 10 Bells – Tuition $230. Payment Option: Due upon enrollment $110 (materials included); $60 12/25/17, $60 1/25/18 (no class Nov. 20-25 and Dec. 19 – Jan. 2)
Feb 15-May 5 Triangle – Tuition $230. Payment Option: Due upon enrollment $110 (materials included); $60 3/25/18, $60 4/25/18 (no class 4/29/18)
No materials required for the 2nd child. 3rd child and siblings under 10 months or over 5 years are free. Under 10 months without an enrolled sibling pay for materials only.
Drop Ins: Drop into music together class or bring a sibling along once in a while. Students may drop in twice per session with a rate of $25 per visit per student. This rate will not include any materials.
Music Together® is an internationally recognized early childhood music program for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, kindergartners, and the adults who love them. First offered to the public in 1987, it pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement. Each family receive a copy of the illustrated songbook and 2 CDs as part of your tuition. In addition to the songbook and 2 CDs, enrolled families will receive a code to access Music Together’s Family Music Zone app for your phone.
A Music Together Class Experience:
- A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants, and movement activities in a relaxed, playful setting.
- Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
- Infants, toddler, and preschoolers participating at their own levels in family -style classes of mixed ages.
- Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child’s music environment-regardless of their own musical abilities.
- A new song collection every semester for three year, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles.
Learn more about the research basis of Music Together and the founders’ positions on early childhood music education in these formative articles:
Music Together as a Research-based Program by Susan Pudjak Hoffman
Early Childhood Music Education in the New Millennium by Ken Guilmartin
The Importance of Music in Early Childhood by Lili M. Levinowitz, Ph.D.
Music Together art & logo design © 1992-2016 Music Together LLC. Music Together is a registered trademark. Avery Ranch Dance and Music is licensed by Music Together LLC. For more locations: www.musictogether.com – (800) 728-2692
We only offer Music Together at our Avery Ranch Studio. If you need a Music Together class near our Central Studio see Heartsong Music.